Saturday, May 21, 2011

How to get rid of stink bugs!!!

I do not know about you but here in PA.  We have a stink bug problem .. I came across this video to make a trap for  less than seven dollars http://www.wpxi.com/video/27942903/index.html wish I could say I invented it, but somebody bet me to it.......  He also put up a video on YouTube with step-by-step instructions .... If my play list bothers you, just turn it off while you watch the video.....
I really think I am going to try this because I am like Kim I am not a bug fan at all!!!..... I hope it helps everybody with the stink bug problem....

Now on to some rug hooking news I have been in a slump lately but on Thursday I finally picked up my hook and started to work on my rug again .  Hope to get it done soon before the weather gets too hot because I intend to be swimming in my sisters pool this summer ..... Exercising in the water is low impact and I enjoyed it so much.  It really helps with the arthritis....

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend the sun is shining it  is awesome here in PA  what  a beautiful Saturday!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Nettie, we miss you at GStreet. Thanks for the stink bug tip. I am going to try it too. Kathy and I was just saying how beautiful you hook. Can't wait to see your rug done!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two stink bug exterminators named Riley and Jonesy. So picking up your hook was your "other plans" for Thursday I see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the stink bug trap info. My kitties like to play with them but unfortunately they don't kill them.
    Can't wait to see the finished rug.
    Hope to see you at Grant St. one of these next weeks before the swimming becomes too intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep that method in mind. I have found a good remedy for earwigs too. A little dish detergent and water in a squirt bottle does the trick. Glad you are back hooking - show us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good tip Nettie! I'm thankful that we haven't been bombarded with them. Just one here, one there.
    Glad you are back to hooking. Look forward to seeing it done!
    I bet you are anxious for better weather so you can start swimming. Great exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nettie, as you can see your comment went through with flying colors.

    I only see a few stink bugs now and then outdoors in the summer. I've never had them in the house. However I've had some lady bug problem in the house in the past. I wonder if it would work the same way with lady bugs. Thanks for the video.

    Nice to hear that you have returned to hooking. My rug has been put away for a while so I can concentrate on doing other things for now.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super idea for the stink bug trap! Thanks for sharing. Glad your working on your rug and looking forward to seeing pics.

    ReplyDelete