Monday, December 12, 2011

Bah, humbug

Hello everyone..... I just cannot seem to get into the mood of Christmas.  This is the worst I have ever been.  I do not feel like decorating and I doubt if  I will put up a tree this year.  Hopefully I can get my lights outside this weekend.  I always have the Christmas dinner.  But thank goodness my sister-in-law said she would do it.  And thank goodness for that.  It takes an enormous weight off my shoulders.

Well, the news is in and I do need radiation.  Friday, December 16 for CAT scan to pinpoint exactly where they want to shoot the radiation I must go for five weeks five times a week for 25 visits and the results of the pathology test showed it was staged two cancer not stage one as earlier thought.  Tuesday I went to see my regular doctor .  He gave me of flu shot and a pneumonia shot Wednesday I had to go for a pet scan .  They shot something in my veins, which I do not know what it was but by Friday I had an allergic reaction to something I do not know if it was the combination of the three things or the dye, I cannot really pinpoint  what caused the rash and of course from the results of the pet scan they found a  lump in my thyroid, which must be removed so I need another surgery .  Oh joy!  Just what I was looking forward too, hopefully I can wait till after my radiation.  For that I go to see that Dr. December 19th,  I did not start the radiation as of yet, but hopefully will get it started soon .  I am trying to keep a positive attitude about everything .  Knowing there are people that are much worse off than  I am ,and praying for them daily .it is so funny how things can change from one year to the next .  Last year I had holiday fever early, this year I just cannot get in the mood .....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nettie,
    I'm have no Christmas spirit this year either. Good luck with your next appointments. I'm glad you don't have to worry about the Christmas dinner - just enjoy it instead of making it. Don't worry about all the holiday hoopla - just enjoy your family and friends. That is the most important part anyway!
    P.S. I had a that thyroid surgery in 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nettie, I'm so sorry to hear that the medical problems are still an issue.
    I sure hope the radiation zaps the darn stuff! It's hard to get into the Holiday spirit while facing more treatments.
    Try to rest and relax as much as possible. Try to keep positive thoughts. They are good for healing!
    You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Bless your heart...I hope the radiation takes care of this like Pat said. Keep positive thoughts and it will help. I know 2 people going through the same thing. I send you prayers and well wishes...Hope your Christmas is Merry!

    ReplyDelete