Thursday, January 27, 2011

Finished hooking one and onto the next!

Hi everyone.....  I guess you all know it snowed again here on the east coast.  Well I think we have got 12 to 14 inches.  Not sure, did not wander out to see exactly but I am sure the pictures I took will give  you some idea...
Here I am peeking out the front door to take
 a picture of the shrubs and the front steps.  Where did the front steps go?

And these are the trees in our backyard. 


My sister's car covered with snow! 
 Good luck cleaning that off.

 deck railing and deck never have been covered so much. 

As you can see we have a roof over the deck, the 25 years
 that we lived here we never had to shovel this much snow off of it!!!
Could hardly see my bunny rabbits that sit on the railing.

Well enough about that four letter word that seems to be plaguing us here in Barto.  Spring is just around the corner.  I hope!

Well finished hooking my snowman rug.  It is not yet whipped and pressed but I thought I would show you a picture anyway..

Still have not decided the color yarn to use to whip but it will come to me slow but sure . After I second-guess myself a few times!

 close-up of the snowman.

I remember telling everybody that I was not going to do a snowman next. And I had my next project already picked out ,the pattern's name is Star Spangled Horse. By Searsport..




Hope you can see the pattern on the pictures good enough! 


I got this pattern a few years ago. Joanne and I were in Vermont
when I bought it and I think it could be at least three years ago if not four.....And you really do not want to know how many more I have stashed away to hook, that is one reason why I am trying not to buy any new patterns until I hook the ones I have  but it is soooooo difficult when I see one I really like.I have the same problem with wool ,I think I have more wool than  100 sheep  could produce , just kidding ! I think,maybe not.


Have not decided on the colors yet but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I am not really a red white and blue person, (but I am heading in that direction) guess if it is done with a dark cream and old Christmas Red and also a dark colonial blue is one of my ideas.  Of course, the horse would be a brown or rust color and the horse's mane would be vice versa.  And of course the tree trunk would be a brown  Leaves on the tree would be the color green .

Please if you have any suggestions please leave a comment I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks everybody.  Have a great day!






3 comments:

  1. Nettie...thanks for stopping by my blog and the lovely compliments. Your snowman rug is awesome. Your right that Joanne is something special!
    Your snow looks so nice to me as we have only had a light dusting...wish the winds would change and blow some our way and give all of you a break!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman looks great. I love that border!
    Now that real snow is another matter!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck! Isn't it time to quit!
    That next rug looks like a Big One!
    I hope I get to see you one of these next weeks at Grant Street (if the weather ever decides to behave!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nettie, you have a really nice deck. What a great place to sit and hook in the summer.
    Love your snowman rug. you did a great job with it! I'm sure it will be whipped and labeled soon so you can start your next one.. I like the idea of a very subtle red/white/blue background. With your color sense, I know it will be wonderful! Hope to see you and Joanne soon...

    ReplyDelete