Friday, January 14, 2011

SNOW OH No!!!

Waking up to snow this morning was an awesome sight.  Do not get me wrong I do not like to drive or walk in the white fluffy stuff, but it sure takes pretty pictures.
here is a photo from inside my dining room door
and here is a better picture of the backyard from the deck
see the little red burn barrel and all the way back is the creek
where the trees start to go up the hill.

I just love the clean white snow but we all know it get dirty so fast .

Well enough about the snow.  Just wanted to post some of my chair pads that I know I did not show at the hook in.  These are not hooked rugs.  They are the punch needle seat covers and I designed the pattern myself

I made the four chair pads the same

and here I made the captain's chairs a little different
they were really fun to do, had them done in no time. 
I wanted something quick, fast and easy .
Made all six chair pads in three days.

  Now here is a project that took me several years to finish and only took about 20 years to get it framed.
  This is an embroidery picture of the Last Supper.  Every line had to be done with one strand of thread.
To tell you the truth it was really fun to do but I still like things to get done faster.  That is why I enjoy rug hooking and punch needle and punch rug.

Was feeling a little sad about taking down all the Christmas decorations but the sun is out so nice.  I really cannot wait for spring.  January and February are my worst just cannot seem to get out of my depression state but good friends like Joanne, Kathy, Beth, Linda, and Jill are so great to be with at the hook in on Thursdays.  I just love those gals, they really can make me laugh  .

So I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and a healthy one!

2 comments:

  1. I found it nettie..... your views from your house are soo beautiful...and your chair pad are awesome as usual.. you are one talented lady (even though your mother was better)!! LOL!!>.. I love being with you on thursdays too...we had a good time last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Nettie! Love the pieces you did! My goodness, the last supper must have been a real eye strain. I can't imagine! Great job!! Happy you are enjoying the hook in when you come out to Linda's!

    ReplyDelete