Friday, January 21, 2011

TGIF AGAIN!

TGIF...Don't know about everybody, but it sure was a long week for me snow and freezing rain earlier in the week, and now more snow to deal with this morning.  I am so ready for spring! We had to miss the hookin at Grant Street yesterday (boo hoo), which I enjoy very much.  Joanne IM me on Wednesday and asked if I wanted to go.  I was so excited on the thought of going but soon my excitement came to a halt because of the weather report of snow.  Joanne said we would wait until morning to see if the weather changed, but of course not.  That would have been a wish come true.  She said she would call me in the morning if she was going, well never got the phone call, so I knew it was going to be another boring day.


Later  I saw Joanne on the PC and we were talking back and forth about maybe going in a couple of weeks. Cannot wait to see everybody .  Thank God for Joanne, who does not mind driving to Chambersburg.  She is a good friend, and I enjoy her company.  We never seem to run out of things to talk about on the whole trip.

Thursday was a good hooking day at home got more of my snowman finished, the rug is coming along and should have it done very soon.


                                     Here is an earlier picture of the snowman rug I am working on.

                                      And here is another picture with more of the border finished.

With all this snow you would think I 'd be tired of doing snowmen but that is something that  takes me back to my childhood, playing in the snow and building snowmen,with my brothers and sisters, sledding and ice-skating, which I  don't  do anymore, now I just watched the grandchildren enjoy it. Sledding was so much fun, I remember three or four of us on one sled coming down Crow Hill , years ago we did not have to worry about the traffic like we do now.


                       This is a snowman gift from my secret pal, (at the hookin) which is so adorable. 
                                                   I never met a snowman, I did not like!
                                                             THANK YOU SECRET PAL!


             Some good pictures, I want to share with you are of my husband John relaxing.


One good thing about the dogs resting on John is it keeps him very warm and he leaves his fingers off the thermostat!

I know he will surely miss Cole, Caramel and Josie .
And I am sure they will miss him too.



I am so glad that John gets along with my sisters dogs, it dosen't feel like she has been living with us for two months already.  We both know that she will be moving out after her divorce is final. 

Well there is a lot I want to get accomplished today maybe get my rug finished because I already know what my next project is going to be and I cannot wait to get it started.  Guess what it is not a snowman!!!

Everyone have a good day and even a better weekend!














5 comments:

  1. Hi Nettie!
    I love the snowman rug, but the border is the crowning glory! It is just perfect!!!
    I haven't been going to Grant Street because I can hardly make myself go out of the house in this cold for the most necessary things. I miss the company of other hookers.
    LOL! I love the pictures of John covered in dogs! At our house we're covered in cats. They sure do keep us warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nettie..... we didnt go to grant street cause they said the snow would start around seven.... and guess what.. we got NONE!! i was soo mad i didnt go! I cant go this week either cause we have a basketball game thursday night and Im in charge of the concessions stand at my sons school.. but the next week I should be there... I LOVE your rug the color choices are sooo awesome.. and that is soo funny about your husband and the thermostat... my hubby is the same way... the dogs are so cute.. maybe you should get one... look up a rescue organization and get one out of the puppy stage!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS I'm still giggling at the pics of Johnny with the puppies! First pic he looks mad and 2nd pic he looks resigned to the fact the puppies have a lap! I know he loves them though! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL too cute! Oh and I see you filled your sidebar with Clint (and I don't mean your son!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well Joanne you know how I fell about this man...he is too handsome for words....oooolaaalaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nettie, Snowman rug is looking wonderful! Love the picture of your husband and the dogs. Too cute, and that definitely would keep the thermostat down low lol. Understandable on why you two didn't make it this week. There will be others :). Looking forward to when you can make it!!

    ReplyDelete